Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Dinghy


A week or so ago I attempted to make the dinghy last a bit longer I decided to stop the leaks in the bottom by covering the old sun eaten rubber with a bit of black urethane-rubber from a calking tube that I had purchased at the big box store. This product is equivalent to 3M's 4200 and has worked for me over many years and several different boats. I’ve even used it to seal up the holes in my sea boats! And after a day to set up, it worked, no more leaks in the dinghy bottom.
Breaking News....
Well, Good news!!! We have a REAL dinghy!!! On the VHF morning radio net someone announced that they had a dinghy for sale and we bought it! It’s not exactly what I wanted but it's a great step up from what we had. Now, to replace the 12 lb wonder.

1 comment: