Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Refrigerator 1


What a mess, we live in about a 200 Sq ft area and I have taken over about ½ of this space replacing the fridge. The old components of the fridge came out kicking and screaming. Then I had to drill a hole the size of a fist through the inside of the fridge to the outside so that I could pass the tubing through to the compressor compartment. The trouble was that the hole had to be drilled at a steep compound angle.
I now have the kitchen covered with the residue of finely ground insulation and of wood dust. Anna and I carefully slid the evaporator tubes into the hole and I shot some foam into the hole. Then the waiting began for it takes 8 hours for the foam to cure. Tomorrow, more on the replacement.

1 comment:

  1. How goes it? And what are you installing?
    'Majestic Dream' has arrived in the harbor, with guests from MCC on board for a week. I think that they are on the hook where you were initially... look for a Vagabond 47.

    ReplyDelete