Thursday, February 11, 2010

Clutter


If nothing else about a boat, you can say that it has a finite amount of space! It has the capacity to hold only so much ‘stuff’ before the stuff begins to take over your life. Since this is my 4th boat I tried to take this into account when I rebuilt her and included over 110 different storage places. Alas, I should have built even more for stuff seems to be creeping out at night and invading our lives. Mostly this is because Anna and I have two different approaches to life on board and each approach is valid it's own way.
I believe that if you are done for now with something put it away and Anna believes that until you are done with something don’t put it away. This issues is the one area of disagreement that creates the most tension between us. So, as with most people, we have agreed to disagree and now have two different modes of clutter on the Snow Goose, Sailing mode & Harbor mode,,, and, as you can see, we are definitely in Harbor mode.

3 comments:

  1. We have 99 storage "areas", and I still can't find a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do any of those 111 places have any pecans or walnuts? If not , I can send you some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you still had kitty litter in the state room you wouldn't be filling it up with stuff like that! That tells me something.

    ReplyDelete