Friday, February 19, 2010

Taxes

Taxes! Even on a boat you can’t escape taxes. OK,,,, this is going to be a rant!!! I just spent 5 hours working on them: Fed, State and local. This year it was a bit more complicated by the fact that I retired, had moved and I’m living in another state. Why we can’t have a simple system that takes, say, 10% off the top with no deductions or earned income credit, no special exemptions for electric car purchase or simplified verses standard method to calculate pay back integration of retirement contribution distributions… YUCK!.
We need no deductions at all just one dime out of every dollar for Uncle Sam that everyone and every business pays. It would be a nice simple way to support the Gov. Maybe what we need is an amendment to the constitution that would say 10% of any income no matter what the source is due in taxes. Enough rant for today

3 comments:

  1. DO YOU OWN AN AIRPLANE?
    IF YOU DO, DO NOT GO FLYING FOR A WHILE, SINCE I AM SURE THAT YOU ARE UNDER OBSERVATION.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your plane is watched, I agree with a flat tax as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw your plane, right next to mine!

    ReplyDelete