Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Deck leaks 1






The beauty of a teak deck is the wood... the headache of a teak deck is deck leaks. During this last bit of weather (3 days of torrential down pours), we discovered a leak in the bathroom, in fact, we had to put a couple of pans out to catch all of the drips. Well, when we got the Goose back into the water I finally had time to go looking for the leak and found a bad deck board (rotted) under the propane tank locker. I started to cut away the board and found that about a foot long piece was rotted and needed to be replaced. When you cut out an old deck board you have to go back far enough to insure that the remaining board is good wood and has no rot in it. I had to cut back 14 inches to find good wood then taper the end with a 45deg angle to glue the new board to. Next the new teak board.

1 comment:

  1. When are yall going to start doing the fun stuff ? I have a bunch of walnuts, with the hulls, that I could ship you, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete