Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pecans


Life on the Goose isn’t all maintenance, once in a while life just gets nutty. When we stopped at Decatur Al. (back in Oct) Anna picked up bags and bags of pecans from under their pecan tree and has stored them all over the boat. At first, it drove me crazy. It seemed that every time I opened a cabinet a bag of pecans would try to attack me. But, as the months have rolled by she keeps getting them out and cracking up a bunch of nuts. Today was a shell cracking, nut picking day. In the end we had picked out about one full bowl of delicious pecans and I now, I’m looking forward to pecan pancakes, pecan toped pudding and pecan oatmeal on the cold mornings.

2 comments:

  1. I think those black walnuts Anna gathered up are still there, do you need me to load up a container, I believe the closest container port is Jacksonville, would require you goning up there or I could ship multiple UPS to Marathon
    harbor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny, we just got the water line back to where it should be so hang on to those black walnuts for now.

    ReplyDelete