Saturday, March 6, 2010

Panels 3


OK, this is going to be a series. The “wing” panels got installed today. Their support rods and adjusters will have to wait until the rest of the parts arrive on Monday. The company that I ordered these parts from made a mistake and forgot to put some of my parts into the order when they shipped it.
The panels use hard plastic parts as pivot brackets. I drilled and bolted these onto the panels. Then I had to get into the dinghy to install them on the outside of the Goose. It was no fun standing in the dingy with the wind blowing, holding the panel over my head as Anna slid the lifeline & tube thru the brackets but we got them on and pinned and into place.
Tomorrow, the top panels go into place and then the wiring and controller. When the entire project is done we will put all of the pictures on a Picasa web album so that you can see everything that went into the installation of these solar panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment