Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer vacation

When we decided to come home for the summer I thought that I’d have NOTHING to do except hit the library, read books and visit friends... well, it has been a working summer for me. Both cars needed work. My poor old Jetta had to get patches welded onto the front suspension before it fell apart and the van is on life support. I helped my friend construct 60 feet of dock, rebuild a 10 ton utility trailer, work on my house, work on Anna’s house, help re-build the boat that we were going to spend the summer on, took on several contracting jobs with a Condo Association, re-build a maple floor and of course, more repairs to the cars! I have build things for Snow Goose and even re-roof a house! The best part though, was going to Texas to help Angie move from one apartment to another (even though the daily temp always reached about 100deg). In another 2 weeks we should be on our way back home to Snow Goose. I can’t wait to get back so that I can get a rest from this vacation!
(PS. Maybe Anna will come back off from vacation and up date the main page.)

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to the davit install!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring some of those tiny paper umbrellas for those sundowners... when your feet are up, the breeze is cool, and life is good again!

    ReplyDelete