Thursday, August 19, 2010

Even more life in Texas

Well, our time is almost done down here in the lovely state of Texas and just to prove that I’ve been busy during all of these 100deg days here is the fruit of my labor... a 2007 Chevy Aveo. I know, not a very big fruit but you should see the great deal that we got. It took a bit of looking but, Angie is happy and Anna is happy and as for me, well, I think she should take me back to that old swimming hole for a cooling off dip!

On another note, here are some of the bat pictures that we took when we went down to the Congress street bridge to watch the bats come out at night. The Austin area has the largest bat colony in the USA. They estimate that there are between .75 million and 1.5 million bats that live under the bridge and come out at night. As you can see the bats also bring out people!

Here's a few shots of them from above and below. The lower shot isn't very good but you can see the how many bat there were in the instant that we took the picture. It was like a small river of bats flowing out from under the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment