Monday, December 14, 2015

A little maintenance


As they say (and I’ve said before) “Cruising is the art of doing repairs in exotic locations”.
By the time we got to Titusville, Fl. the engine was due for a bit of routine maintenance. Oil and filter change, the 500 hr. valve clearance check, a new fan belt for the Alternator along with a host of other small periodic checks that I do on a 100 hr. basis.
 

The engine compartment, my home away from home.


 Checking valve clearances. Old technology but easy to adjust.
Oh, and of course, my annual tear down of the outboard motor. Sometimes I think that it is far more trouble to have an outboard that they are worth… that is until I think ablut the ¼ mile row that I’d have to do to get to the dock. 
Add caption
We Left Titusville and sailed (instead of motored) down the Indian river. It took us two leisurely days of sailing to make it to Vero Beach where we planed to stop for a night... which has become 5 days! We ran into many old friends here so,our short stop just keeps getting longer every day. No wonder they call it Velcro Beach instead of Vero Beach... (once you stop here your stuck!)
Running under spinnaker down the Indian River.
Delightful!

 

1 comment:

  1. Good to see engine maintenance being done. Ah, the satisfaction of hearing a smoothly running Yanmar!

    ReplyDelete