Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ginger rebuild Part X


 

Now that the hull was now done all that was left was the inside. Ginger is only 19 feet long so the inside work wasn’t as daunting as it was when I rebuilt the Snow Goose. First, I had to complete the cockpit. I built new seating and changed the seats by making the seat tops into opening lids instead of the old  front access panels that it originally had. The engine slid back into place and started right up. I built a drain for the engine lid (to keep the rain out) and with a coat of paint, the cockpit was complete.
 

The area inside of the seats got a coat of paint and the seats took shape.

The front panel is installed and the seat drains were started.

I built slooping drains under the seat lids.

Port side finished ready for paint.

The engine went in...

And the engine box was framed out.

 

 

Then it was time to reinstall the interior. With only a few modifications I reinstalled the original interior inside of the boat. The original layout worked well and I didn’t see any use in changing things around. Ginger did get a new set of doors on the forward cubby and I painted the bulkheads “teal” to offset all of the interior white paint. Ginger will also get new cushions for sitting/sleeping on (as soon as I finish sewing them). Next, I had to get the lead out.
Empty insides
 
All done with a new coat of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment