Monday, August 26, 2013

Contracting


 

It’s been a busy month of work for me. After Ginger got into the water I went to work on some contracting jobs that I had agreed to. I had a worn out deck to replace in one case and all of the deck railings on the 2ndfloor decks to remove and replace with new ones

old rails that had to be removed


Finished product, new deck and new rail system on the decks.
 
 
 That’s a lot of stuff that has to be tore down and carried down 2 flights of steps then everything carried up two flights of steps. Far too much work for an old retired guy like me but, on the other hand, all of this contraction has given me a GREAT set of muscles.
 
 
Another result of the work is that the summer flew by. In another 8 weeks (or so) I will be going back down to Snow Goose to get her ready for the winter while Anna stays up in Michigan until Dec. She is taking a master gardener’s course and won’t be finished until Dec. 1st.I hope that your summer has been a bit less demanding than this one has been on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment