Saturday, February 9, 2013

Dinghy days


While in Fort Lauderdale I noticed that the dinghy had some growth on the bottom. After hauling it up and over the side then flipping it over I discovered that there was a lot of barnacles growing on the bottom.


Rotten little things, you have to be very carefull for even these little ones can cut you in a second if you run your hand over them.
It took two different scrapers and scrubbing with a stiff brush to clean all of the barnacles off and get a smooth bottom again.
Hundreds scrapped up with every push.
I was very surprised that there was so much growth since I pull the dinghy out of the water every night. I even had to scrap the outboard motor since it had growth on it too.
Nice and clean!
It's times like this that I wish that I was back in the great Lakes, I never had to deal with barnacles up there... OK, Maybe not in the Great Lakes right now. It was 17 degrees up in Michigan the other day so I think I'll stay down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment