Sunday, December 9, 2012

Engine troubles


 
Ah, the boating life; sunshine, fresh air, sundowners in the cockpit, and engines that won’t start. We had motored down to manatee pockets just outside of Stuart Fl and anchored today. After a bit I decided that I was too close to another boat and tried to start the motor so that we could re-anchor only nothing happened, the motor was DEAD. Nothing at all, no click, nothing.
After opening up the engine console I found a burned wire that went down to the engine compartment where I found a wiring harness connection that was burned up.
It’s a wonder that it didn’t start a fire. 3 hours later, I had the connection replaced and another wire run to the engine to replace the burned up one. If the engine hadn’t’ been hot from running it wouldn’t’ have been such a bad job. We still had to up anchor and move the boat so, I worked next to that hot beast and got the job finished just before dark, moved the anchor and got cleaned up. Ah, the boating life.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, how many ways are there for trouble to strike? That is certainly not one of the more common ways. Glad to see the Goose is now back fully operational. Russ

    ReplyDelete