Thursday, December 6, 2012

Eaten alive in Vero


 





The area that we anchored in is at the end of the mooring field by the mangroves. The mangroves are filled with no-see-ums… which, just as you might guess, you can’t see but boy oh boy do they ever bite. So when the sun gets low and the evening is coming on you have to close up the boat and move inside or you will be doing the no-see-um dance. You know, slap your knee, slap your arm, slap your leg, slap your neck, slap your… well, you get the idea.

During the day though, the mangroves are beautiful so I went for a ride thru them yesterday. I saw dolphin, pelicans, blue herons, ibis, ducks, sea gulls, and snakes.
 I also found a camping spot called “dead tree landing” aptly named but I don't think that I'd want to spend the night there.
(It looks too easy for a gattor to walk up into your tent!)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment