Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tent

Right off the bat I’d like to say that building your own tent is not for the faint of heart. It took me 3 days and several sewing revisions to get it right. I think that the low point came when I had to rip out the entire front screen that I had so carefully installed over the course of 2 hours the night before. I believe that I could have worked a job for the 3 days and made enough money so that I could have bought a new tent from a store. Anyway, the basic structure turned out just as I envisioned it and it should work for the upcoming hike. Oh, and the weight comes in at 1 lb, 8.8oz! Not too bad (even if it looks homemade).

The finished product.
The cone on top is a vent to prevent condensation when the tent is closed up. Come next March this will be home sweet home for the duration of the hike.

2 comments: