Monday, September 12, 2011

Life in Michigan

It seems that whenever I come home I have far more things to do than when we are on the boat. This time the steering wheels need to be repaired, the underlying metal ring beneath the fancy rope work is rusting. Once the rings are sandblasted and power coated I'll re-rope them.

I also made new parts made for the cockpit area and brought a sail home with me to re-sew along with several wood projects that need to be made. Add in an outside contracting job and helping friends with projects at their houses it’s been a busy few weeks home. One of the larger projects is sewing a tent to take on the Appalachian Trail. I’m shooting for a tent that is only 24 oz! I’ll keep showing the progress as the project moves along. Laying out the size of the tent on the back deck.
Marking the lines, ready to cut.
The outter shell is done.
Ah... home sweet home.


2 comments: