Friday, November 29, 2013

Interesting sight in Jacksonville


First, Happy Turkey day to all or happy Black Friday if you love to shop.  On Thanksgiving, I got together with another cruiser and we had a good thanksgiving day dinner together, lots of talk and laughter.

This post though, is about a mural that I walked by on the way back to the boat. The mural was strangely, brightly illuminated, during the daylight, by a spot light… or so I thought. The light’s direction didn’t seem right though, so I walked over and checked in a nearby tree looking for the spot light but found nothing until I turned around and found that the light was coming from the sun’s reflection off a big building blocks away. It’s amazing that in the last hours of this late November day, everything lined up just right to spotlight this painting from a ¼ mile away just as I was walking by. Then, within minutes, the sun had moved and the spotlight was gone. It gave me a big smile on this cool November day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment