Monday, November 11, 2013

Heading north (again)


Here I am in Oriental, NC and I need to get back to Grand Rapids, Mi. Flying would seem the best but the airlines are a funny beast. The cheapest flight from around here is about $300+(one way). But, I can fly one way from Fort Lauderdale (which is just north of Miami) to Grand Rapids, Mi. for the incredible price of $58 (if I pick the correct day). If I drive my 20 year old GEO Metro back home from here (about 1000 miles) it will cost me about $70. So, I can fly from the farthest distance away and get there the fastest and the cheapest if I’m in Fort Lauderdale but when I’m this close, it’s 5 times more expensive to fly then it is to drive… go figure? For cheep flights from grand rapids and other locations try Alligiant Air http://www2.allegiantair.com/
 
Here's an example of a flight just 6 days from now,,, not to bad of a price!
 

Departing flights for Sunday Nov 17

Depart
7:00 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (FLL)
Arrive
10:05 am
GRAND RAPIDS, MI (GRR)
Flight
938
Nonstop
Price *
$58.00



Anyway, I should be home this Thursday for my grand daughters play and to attend Anna’s B-day party. Don’t forget to email her your Birthday greetings… I bet she is going nuts trying to figure out how so many people know that it’s her 60th birthday! Send those greetings to: aparmstrong@svsnowgoose.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment