Saturday, June 29, 2013

Work, work, and more work


Life on the lake is always more fun when one of the grand kids comes up to visit. On Father’s Day, my first grand son and my son came up in the morning and we went three generation fishing on the lake. Jackson caught a nice bass and it only took two tries before he would actually hold the fish! Catching was fun but holding it was not!

The IRS decided to take all of the money that we had saved to redo the house so it’s time to earn some more. I’ve taken on some contracting jobs to help us out. I’ll be replacing several decks for a friend and repairing water damage inside of a house. It’s a bit of a pain but it’s nice to have work to do and to see the results when your done.

The next job to do will be on little Ginger. Ginger is a 20 ft. Cat boat that I own and I’d like to get her back into the water this summer. 4 years ago, before we left to live on Snow Goose, Ginger was offered to me on the condition that I rebuilt her. So, for 6 months (before we left), I went from stem to stern and did a complete rebuild of Ginger then put her away into storage. She’s a wonderful little wooden Cat boat and I hope that she will be a delight to sail. Here’s a picture of her when the rebuild was almost done.
ready for bottom paint
 Over the next few weeks I’ll show you the sequence of what it took to rebuild Ginger. Hope that you like it!
Then the other day, my friend Ralph asked me if I’d like to go for a ride in his airplane!
I jumped at the opportunity and got this nice picture of our lake. The lake isn’t that big but the water’s clean, deep and warm (at least for the next month or so) and we are grateful that we were able to find this house. Until the next time, enjoy the summer!

Double click on any picture and it will get larger!


No comments:

Post a Comment