Tuesday, February 28, 2012

ICW

The weather isn’t cooperating as we head north, strong NW and N winds and it’s COLD! Even Edie had to put her sweater on and get under a blanket as the day went along.

I tried to use only the clothes that I plan to take on the hike with me… I had everything on and was still cold!
Yet, even as cold as it was there are still plenty of things to see as we crawl along up the coast. The ubiquitous abandoned boats…. This one in the mud is about 28 feet with a cockpit wheel steering... whereas this one is a steel trawler that has been blown up on shore. We passed a shipyard south of Charleston where they were doing the bottom of the “spirit of Charleston”. Even in the cold weather the ICW signs were all covered with birds.
I hope that it gets a bit warmer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment