Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Back home


9/22/2015

Well, I’ve gotten some harassment from people for not keeping up the blog. I’ve in turn given it to Anna for not updating the website. What can I say but it’s been a busy summer. Now, though it’s fall and I should get on with it.

This summer’s trip to Maine turned out to be a 3 week trip to NY City, which was good, but not Maine.

After returning to Michigan I took up a heavy load of contracting and rebuilding of our house. Both went well except for the fact it proved that I’m not 35 any more and at times I felt more like 75!
The lake house had the roof collapsed from the snow load 2 years ago and after a year long fight with the Ins. Co. we won and they wrote us a big check and I got to work.
One of the major things that we did was to remove the entire roof structure from the front of our house. This is the new inside of our living room. Now trussed roof with a vaulted celling too!

I'd like to give a shout out to all of the grown ups and grand kids that helped with the roof job. You all did a fantastic job! Thanks!

Taking the old roof off
 
New trusses. This was open sky yesterday!

 
Not only a new roof but all 5 of the roofs were striped and re-roofed
We also had a visit from the grand daughter of the builder of the house and she brought along a picture of our house taken in the mid 60's before the pole barn was added. The trees sure are a lot smaller! (If you 'click' on the pictures they expand larger)

 
The only truly 'fun' thing that I did this summer was to go for an airplane ride with my friend Ralph up to Beaver Island for the day. A great trip, Thanks Ralph!
 
 
 
Then Just as we were ready to leave a family crises arose and we had to stay for another 2 weeks to watch grand kids… Storms, hurricanes and boat breakdowns are nothing compared to a rambunctious 2 year old!

 
Carter with his mom's shoes (were working on left and right!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment