Monday, March 9, 2015

Well, it’s been awhile since I sat down and banged out a few words to the ether so, here goes.

Lot’s of work. That’s my main excuse. I have to say right off that this working for a living is for the birds and I’ll sure be glad when I can retire again. I’ve been assigned several interesting projects here at Deaton Marine from converting a closet on a boat into a shower, to rebuilding parts of a teak deck. From rebuilding the interior of a boat to replacing transmissions on another. Needless to say, this has been an interesting winter for me.
 

Anna has been busy too, she has joined a quilting group in town and made many new friends to pass the time. She’s presently working on a quilt pattern so the kitchen table has become a sewing room… we always disagree about how much “stuff” should be left out instead of put away… but THAT’S another story.
 
It’s been cold down here too, down to 9 degrees a bit ago with a ice storm tossed in for the fun of it. It made for some great photo opportunities. The creek (that our boat is on) froze over! Well, just for one day but it did freeze!
 

 
 

Work on the Snow Goose has slowed right down since much of the work is exterior work and it’s too cold to use paint yet. The good thing is that we finally have our heating system working again. It only took $400+ and much cursing to discover the cause of our little heaters problems. The 12 volt power plug (that brings power into the unit) had a bad end on the negative wire. All that work and trouble and money caused by a tiny push on connector. Ah, technology… ain’t it wonderful???
 
 
 
 
 
 
The dodger top is coming along nicely. 2 weeks ago on a 60+degree day I got on the first coat of paint on (only two more to go) and I’ve now sanded it smooth in preparation for the next two coats of paint.

They say that spring (here in Oriental) should happen within the next 2 to 3 weeks and I can hardly wait. I know that it’s close because the robins have returned a week ago, the trees are budding and the crocus are pushing up. All I can say is, it can’t come soon enough.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment