Monday, January 28, 2013

Bachelor life


 
Anna has gone back to Michigan for a short visit to take care of our newest grand child, little Carter Alexander De Commer.
Grandma and little Carter
She picked a poor time to go for they have had some of the coldest weather of the winter during the last week, nights in the single digits and days not getting out of the 20’s.
Carter's big brother, Jackson
Little Carter was born a bit early and had to spend some time in the neonatal unit but, he’s back home and doing well. I just wish that I could have gone north too. Edie rode with me to Fort Lauderdale to drop Anna off at the airport and when we got back, she had to ride in the basket on the bike to get back to the boat.
one happy dog


The website and the blog have suffered since Anna left because she took her phone with her and we use it to “tether” the lap top to the internet. So, I have to bring the computer it to the marina or try to post something on using my phone to do it. As you can tell by the last post, it doesn’t work very well doing it that way. Sorry for the missing posts.

During this week our boating friends have decided that I must not be able to feed myself and they have insisted on having me over for dinner on a regular basis or inviting me to ride out to breakfast with them.

Dinner on Roy and Yasmond's boat

Deserts by Bonnie and Yasmond on Sid and Bonnie's boat

Biking to breakfast with Walt and Pat
Between that, continual work on the boat, learning to play tennis and taking care of Edie, life is very busy.
I will be leaving here is about 1 week to sail up to Fort Lauderdale to PU a friend. If Anna isn’t back by then we’ll take Snow Goose on a “bachelor” tour of the keys, Dry Tortugas and the west coast of Fl without her. (Sure will miss her cooking!)  I’ll try to get some pictures and post them ASAP. Stay warm up there in the frozen north!
***********************************************************************************
LATE BREAKING NEWS… I just found a site called “easyteather” and now (for the low, low price of $9.95) I have a way to tether my phone to the internet and it works fantastically! (as you can tell)
***********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment