Monday, November 19, 2012

Ready to leave


The weather hasn’t been very cooperative for us to leave, rain and high wind for the last 2 days. This set us back a day for I had a bit of maintenance work to do on the bow of the goose. So, early this morning I was out on the raft working on the bow of the Snow Goose.

I had to replace some rusted bolts on the spinnaker attachment point. It was a cold morning made even colder by the light misty rain that started right after I started into the job.
After that I went up the mast and did a rig inspection, everything looked OK. Finally, the dinghy was inflated and the propane tanks filled. Now, After 3+ long weeks, were ready to go. Tomorrow at first light we toss off the lines and head south. Next stop, in 500+ miles, Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment