Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cheep car

I’ve always had an affinity for small cars and so when my friend Ralph offered to sell me his old GEO Metro I jumped on it. It had been stored for the last 8 years under a cover and I figured that it wouldn’t take too much to get it on the road again… or at least that’s what I thought. Well now that the engine is rebuilt I am discovering just how bad a Michigan car with “cancer” can get just by sitting around for years. I almost threw in the towel when I found that every brake line had rusted thru or when I discovered that the fuel tank had 2 holes rusted thru it. When I pushed my hand right up into the bottom of the car thru the rocker panels I wanted to give up too but then I decided that “I can fix that”. So, I’m still going ahead with the restoration of the car and if nothing else goes wrong I should have it on the road in another couple of weeks.

1 comment: