Sunday, March 4, 2012

Deaton’s

We made it just as a cold rain started in again. The last two days the weather has turned cold and rainy, I don’t like it. Last night we anchored in Beaufort to wait out the rain and it’s a good thing that we did for it came down in torrents throughout the night. In the morning, when I let the rear of the dinghy down to drain the water from it the water was so deep that it flowed over the top of the transom like a small waterfall. As we left the harbor we saw this beautiful motorboat at the dock.

It’s good to have the 1000+ mile trip behind us now but it also brings home the fact that in 10 days I leave for Springer Mountain to start the trail. Hope that it warms up a bit by then. Maybe I should start to sign these Blog posts with my trail name, “One Step”. You see, People who try to thru hike the trail adopt a trail name (or it is unceremoniously given to them). I think that I will jump ahead of the game and give myself one. Besides, as they say, every journey of a thousand miles always starts with one step.

No comments:

Post a Comment