Wednesday, December 14, 2011

More work

When I stopped in at the office to ask if there were any projects that needed to be wrapped up before we leave, I should have known better and kept my mouth shut. John sat up and said "it a good thing that you asked, I need a temporary platform built on the far side of the main building… over the swamp". Well, all I had to do was build legs with pads on the ends (to keep the supports from sinking into the mud), then wade through the reeds and work in ankle deep water to build legs and then nail plywood on for a deck.


Actually, the project was rather easy and only took a day to complete. The walkway is needed for the steel workers (who are due at the marina) to replace the sides of the building that were damaged in the hurricane.
We should be leaving for Fl. by the weekend. I’m looking forward to some warm weather and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment