Monday, October 17, 2011

Building an addition

Deaton’s has asked me to put on a roof addition to the back of their building. The project is just large enough to be chalenging but it’s not to daunting. The truth is that it's just a lot of grunt work not like the technician stuff that I was doing. Today, I started setting the 12 foot long 6X6 treated posts into the ground. Each one weighs about 100 lbs. After the forth one I start to realize that I’m not 35 anymore! Tomorrow, the roof rafters go in and then the roof deck. Then, I have to re-roof the whole building. Ah, the relaxing life on a boat, blue skies, bikinis, sunsets and rum drinks every night. Nothing ever breaks and there’s always money in the bank! Oh, and I’m also selling a bridge if anyone is interested.
Settings the posts
All four vertical and in a row.
The cross beams bolted into place and ready for the rafters.

No comments:

Post a Comment