Friday, August 5, 2011

More Maintenance

Even in the big apple the need for maintenance never lets up. This has been a triple whammy though. Along with the regular monthly maintenance that needs to be done, the engine and transmission came up for their scheduled oil change and the semi-annual maintenance list needs to be done. A few days ago I was in the engine compartment most of the day. Today, it’s the sails that need work.

I had to sew on new sail slides and replace many of the nylon webbing that hold the other 40 slides in place.

Down below, Anna helped me repair the Genoa sail, it had several small tears that needed to be re-stitched. Now, I only have a couple more days of “scheduled” maintenance a then, I can start in on the un-scheduled maintenance jobs. Oh Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment