Saturday, July 16, 2011

Repairs

The trip to Washington DC had a few glitches in it mainly in the plumbing area. Seeing as I’m the plumber it didn’t make me too happy. The pump on our gray water tank stopped working, that’s the water from our sinks and shower. Well, it turned out to be the float switch but, I had a replacement on hand. This is one of the nastiest, dirtiest, greasy jobs on board (of course) for all of the oil and grease from the kitchen sink collects inside of the tank… YUCK! But, even worse, the replacement switch that I installed failed and I had to get into the grease and do it all over again.
This was not the worst though, for the black water tank (IE: the poop tank), macerator pump, the pump that empties out the black water tank decided to take a dump too (if you will pardon the pun). Breaking into the holding tank is one of the last things that I like to do but, after a short but unpleasant bit of repairs we were back in running condition again. Removing the old mascerator.
New one in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment