Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hiking

I’m contemplating my next adventure in life, hiking the Appalachian Trail. This is something that I’ve thought about doing since I was in my 20’s and now, with the time and the physical strength to do it I’m think that next summer might be a good year to pull off the hike. I’ve started to get the backpacking gear that I will need for this adventure and will be bringing it back to the boat for this upcoming fall/winter when I’ll be practicing carrying the pack down the beaches of the Bahamas in preparation for the hike. The Appalachian Trail stretches from Georgia to Maine, 14 states and over 2170 miles. I’ll let you know more about this upcoming trip as the fall and winter go by and the step off day approaches (roughly, March 15th, 2012). We plan to leave the Goose in Deatons Marina in NC so that anna will have a place to live while I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment