Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dinghy ladder

I need a way to get Anna and others back into the dinghy when we go snorkeling. I can use my fins and pull myself over the side of the boat but she can’t so another cruiser suggested a ladder. They had taken an old, small boat ladder, (the type that ends at the top with large curving hooks) and cut off the hooks and tied it to the edge of their dinghy. It worked great so, I went to the store here in Marsh Harbor and there on the shelf was an identical ladder for $80.00! Way too much. As I walked out of the store I looked up at the hardware store across the street and the design for a ladder came to me. All I needed was some 1 ¼ inch pipe and a few tee connectors.


A bit of glue and the new ladder came together.



I put some “S” hooks on the rope to make it easier to install and for less than ¼ of the price of a store bought one we had a ladder for the dinghy.

2 comments: